Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tinfoil Apocalypse Watch

Ace of Spades HQ: "Did I Say The Next War Will Be With Iran? I Meant Pakistan
And here's the thing: This is the sort of war that will become nuclear quickly. Hell, it will probably start nuclear: Our notice that we now have a war in Pakistan will be one of these maniacs detonating a nuke someplace.

The horrible thing is that we all see this coming, and we can only pray: I hope it's India that gets it and not us. And that's a horrible thing, eh?, wishing that the Pakistanis will nuke India, huh? But that's where we're headed, because they're going to nuke somebody, eventually. And there seems to be no plausible path to avoid this, which leaves me making hellish prayers that at least someone else will be the surprise first victim, and we'll just be the ones sending over relief packages.

And then, after the calamity, it will be gut-check time. What is the appropriate level of force in return? I know I'm not exactly a turn-the-other-cheek sort of guy so I can already imagine what my position will end up being.

A Christian minister was killed for opposing the blasphemy laws, and of course his death is celebrated by the jihadis, which is like, my guess, 70% of the country."