Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Real Story Of Guns To Mexico

Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico - CBS Evening News - CBS News: "Dodson's bosses say that never happened. Now, he's risking his job to go public.

'I'm boots on the ground in Phoenix, telling you we've been doing it every day since I've been here,' he said. 'Here I am. Tell me I didn't do the things that I did. Tell me you didn't order me to do the things I did. Tell me it didn't happen. Now you have a name on it. You have a face to put with it. Here I am. Someone now, tell me it didn't happen.'

Agent Dodson and other sources say the gun walking strategy was approved all the way up to the Justice Department. The idea was to see where the guns ended up, build a big case and take down a cartel. And it was all kept secret from Mexico.

ATF named the case 'Fast and Furious.'

Surveillance video obtained by CBS News shows suspected drug cartel suppliers carrying boxes of weapons to their cars at a Phoenix gun shop. The long boxes shown in the video being loaded in were AK-47-type assault rifles.

So it turns out ATF not only allowed it - they videotaped it."
Jiminy Crismas.