Two-minute Grubering [Darleen Click] | protein wisdom: "Two-minute Grubering"
Sunday, November 23, 2014
Friday, November 21, 2014
Moonbattery » Having Disarmed Population, British Authorities Are Going After Knives: "What happens to you if you are caught with a sharp object after the amnesty ends for real? Best not to find out; irrational tyrannies are to be avoided at all costs, so steer clear of Britain, even if the USA ranks even lower in personal freedom now.
No doubt authorities will be astonished when rendering the law-abiding population still more vulnerable to the criminal elements imported on a massive scale from the Third World does not end crime. Their response will be another righteous campaign, possibly against blunt objects."
Posted by Bob at 10:33 PM
What Is DOJ Hiding About Its Targeting of Sharyl Attkisson? | Power Line: "The funny thing is that the reference to “Sharryl” in the first email comes from out of the blue. It is obvious that Schmaler and Schultz had been talking about Attkisson and that the first email we see is the middle of a conversation, not the beginning. Yet, a search of the 40,000 pages produced by DOJ does not include a single additional reference to Attkisson. With the single exception of the email above, her name appears only when she is referred to in a news story that is reproduced in an email. Strange.Our country is run by criminal *sshats that are too clever by half.
A reader writes with a theory:
The reason that this reference to Sharyl Attkisson made it into this document dump is that her name was mis-spelled (Sharryl rather than Sharyl). There are assuredly more emails about this that were searched for and deliberately withheld. They apparently did not search for this particular mis-spelling of her name.Bingo. I think he is right. Someone at DOJ systematically searched for references to Sharyl Attkisson and pulled out all emails where DOJ and White House personnel were talking about her and, as we now know, how to block her Fast and Furious investigation. A single email, which gave away the game, slipped through because her name was mis-spelled."
Posted by Bob at 9:28 PM
Ace of Spades HQ: "Charles CW Cooke: Obama's Imperial Transformation Is Now Complete - The President Has Become Everything He Ran Against
If you liked the hubris, you're going to love the nemesis.
Barack Obama certainly gave the impression that he would. Noting in 2008 that he "taught constitutional law for ten years," and in consequence took "the Constitution very seriously," Obama determined that "the biggest problems that we're facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all." "That," the candidate assured his audience, is "what I intend to reverse when I'm president of the United States of America.""
Posted by Bob at 7:36 AM
Monday, November 17, 2014
Instapundit » Blog Archive » A NEW VIDEO FROM REMY: Don’t Tell ‘Em. “Our ideas are so good that we can’t tell the truth.” …: "A NEW VIDEO FROM REMY: Don’t Tell ‘Em. “Our ideas are so good that we can’t tell the truth.”"
Posted by Bob at 11:25 PM
Sunday, November 16, 2014
Instapundit » Blog Archive » NICK GILLESPIE: Americans Trust Government Less and Less Because We Know More and More About How It…:
As I came of age, liberals touted the benefits of transparency, freedom of speech and investigative journalism, but that's because they controlled the flow of information to the American people. In fact, all those things are deadly to big government."
Posted by Bob at 3:13 PM
Saturday, November 15, 2014
Gruber video #5: Mocking critics as “adolescent children” « Hot Air: "This one’s less of a smoking gun about deception, and more of a schadenfruede-tastic exposure of Jonathan Gruber as an arrogant crank. Watchdog.org’s Bruce Parker has this clip from the ObamaCare architect’s appearance before a Vermont legislative panel in February 2011, where one of the committee members read a warning letter about the dangers of adopting a massive, top-down government program controlling health insurance markets. After hearing a list of predicted negative consequences, Gruber dismissed it as something that might have been “written by my adolescent children” (via Jeff Dunetz):"
What contemptible *sshats our overlords are.
Posted by Bob at 10:21 AM
Friday, November 14, 2014
The hits keep coming: Gruber celebrates ‘mislabeling’ Obamacare in video #6 « Hot Air: "Tapper concluded by noting why Gruber’s latest remarks expose even more duplicity on the part of the White House in their effort to pass Obamacare:Forget the border fence. As I've said before, we need to get cracking building a fence around D.C. ... with the barbed wire pointing inwards.
When the Cadillac tax was first rolled out, it was explained by Obamacare backers as a tax that would only impact those with “high end plans” — not all employer sponsored plans. A White House economic adviser in 2009 set “the record straight” by saying “the excise tax levied on insurance companies for high-premium plans, the so-called ‘Cadillac tax,’ will affect only a small portion of the very highest cost health plans — a total of 3% of premiums in 2013.”As a closing thought, you will not regret reading National Review’s Rich Lowry who today thanked Gruber for not disguising the abject contempt with which the technocratic left holds the public they are purportedly serving.
“He has done us all a favor by affording us an unvarnished look into the progressive mind, which values complexity over simplicity, favors indirect taxes and impositions on the American public so their costs can be hidden, and has a dim view of the average American,” Lowry wrote. “An assumption that Americans are incompetent is woven into the Left’s worldview. It is reluctant to entrust individuals with free choice for fear they will exercise it poorly and irresponsibly.”"
Gaffeth? As Michael Kinsley pointed out, a gaffe is when a politician accidentally speaks the truth.
Posted by Bob at 9:55 PM
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Ace of Spades HQ: "A young boy, maybe 8 or 9 years old. Standing tall, in his best suit, trying oh so hard to be a man at that particular moment. A Marine, in full ceremonial garb, presenting that boy with the flag that had recently draped the boy's father's casket.
The boy is devastated. His whole world has crumpled around him. The man he called "dad" is gone. The man who hugged him, who lifted him up to the sky, laughing, as the boy cried in delight "Daddy!" is no more, and he is far too young to fully understand why this must be so."
Our moronic "President" is a girl compared to that little boy ... never mind the Marine.
Posted by Bob at 5:52 PM
Monday, November 10, 2014
The Neanderthal correlation : Article : Nature: ""You don't really want to know," Beth said, her eyes glancing up from her messy desk to the clock and back down without meeting mine.RTWT.
"I do want to know," I insisted. After three years of correlating the reconstructed Neanderthal genome with modern human populations, she had to have found something interesting. The idea had sounded great when she had suggested it, and the grant committee had loved my proposal. But with the final report ten months overdue, they wouldn't approve any new proposals.
"You'll wish you hadn't said that if I tell you," she said, staring down. "People are going to be upset about this.""
Posted by Bob at 7:50 PM
The robo karate kid! Terrifying two legged giant robot being developed by Google learns to stand on one leg - and recreates scene from cult film | Daily Mail Online: "For fans of the cult film the Karate Kid, it is a familiar pose.... but you thought it was just Obamacare that wasn't auspicious for the future of the proles...
However, in the latest video from the US military team developing a two legged fighting robot, the buildup to 'crane kick' is seen in a new way.
The researchers taught the robot to stand on one leg - recreating a key scene from the film in the process."
Posted by Bob at 7:27 PM
Saturday, November 8, 2014
Thursday, November 6, 2014
What’s the Matter With Minnesota? | Power Line:
kernelhankel (signed in using yahoo)
I used to live, until very recently, in the 8th CD. Before that, I lived in the 7th CD (Arlen Stangeland) but the boundaries of these districts have shifted due to demographic changes including loss of population from Northeastern MN due to decades of bad economy. Anyway there are several points to consider:
1. the DFL takes care of the metro area, which is not surprising as metro area DFLers dominate. Outstate MN gets the shaft. I am surprised there is not more resentment of this.
2. The economy in central and northern MN is terrible. Agriculture is not as dominant as other rural parts of MN. Take Brainerd, for example. The paper mill is now closed. The railroad shops at one time made all of the rolling stock for the NP Railroad and employed a thousand or more. Now the shops carry out some repair and maintenance functions at a mere fraction of their former employment. Several small manufacturers have closed or left the area. People travel to St. Cloud, the Metro, or the oilfields of ND for employment. No economic opportunity. Economic measurements of what is going do not seem to exist. There is no reportage of any of this in the media, which is dominated by metro entities. All we get is propaganda from them. Good info is hard to get in MN. We are under reported and under blogged.
3. There seems to be a social engineering effort well underway that I have never seen mentioned anywhere. There are a large number of half-way houses (drug rehab, released felons, alcohol rehab, teen delinquents, etc.), section 8 housing in Brainerd. What used be a working class but prosperous town is now degenerating into a slum. "Clients" for these "services" are being imported not only from the metro area and other parts of MN but from Chicago. This new dependent class and the state and federal monies attached to them have created a new industry that employs welfare workers, social workers, pays for medical treatment, teachers, etc. - all government funded. Presumably they will all be DFL voters. Instead of making paper, we now have a welfare industry based on the importation of bums and criminals. This seems to be of a piece with the new urbanism movement fostered by the met council and HUD. Deport bums from the metro which has a surfeit? Disperse social problems throughout the State? Make or keep rural MN blue? All of these and more? This is systematic and intentional, not just by happenstance. I would like to see someone Powerline? Kirsten? Mitch Berg? pay attention to this.
4. The young and the elderly are leaving. The young are leaving to seek opportunity elsewhere. The elderly, at least those who have money, are moving to FL and taking their $ with them. Check the price of a Budget truck one way rental from, say, St. Cloud to Ft. Myers and then check the price of the same truck one way same dates from Ft. Myers to St. Cloud. Then draw your own conclusions.
5. The DFL is institutionalized. Education. Social Services. Healthcare. Even the Camber of Commerce in Brainerd/Baxter is run by a DFLer. The votes are collected and counted by the DFL. Nursing homes are run by the DFL so that everybody votes whether they know it or not. The DFL is pervasive and entrenched. A lot of people depend on the flow of government cash.
Reply · Like · 2 · Follow Post · 8 hours ago
Posted by Bob at 8:04 PM
Monday, November 3, 2014
Bookworm Room – Conservatives deal with facts and reach conclusions; liberals have conclusions and sell them as facts.: "FILED UNDER: FREE SPEECH, IMMIGRATION, ISLAM, SWEDEN"
File under "brutal but accurate". My previous update is here.
Posted by Bob at 11:11 PM