Sunday, November 24, 2013

Stopped Clock Watch (Low N Edition)

Al Sharpton condemns ‘knockout’ attacks | New York Post: "Rev. Al Sharpton condemned “knockout” attacks Saturday but stopped short of calling for marches against the brutal hate crimes.

“This kind of behavior is deplorable and must be condemned by all us,” he said at his weekly National Action Network meeting in Harlem. “We would not be silent if it was the other way around. We cannot be silent or in any way reluctant to confront it when it is coming from our own community.”

On Monday, Sharpton and other leaders plan to discuss a “next move.”"
If he actually keeps this in the forefront I'll be shocked. And at that point I would be truly forthcoming with praise if it turns out to be more than just lip service. I doubt it, but I'll keep an eye out.

In the same vein, it isn't true that I don't agree with Obama on anything. We are in complete agreement that the American people are in desperate need of mental health care. On my dime if necessary.

And until today I would have said that Al's need was foremost among them...