Thursday, January 26, 2012

On The Other Side

PJ Media » Obama: Iran Has Nuclear Rights; I Did Not Want to Sanction Its Bank: "Ebarhimi also disclosed another important point that the Swiss diplomat delivered: Obama said that “I didn’t want to impose sanctions on your central bank, but I had no options but to approve it since a Congress majority had approved the decision.”

Last month, the Obama administration pressed key Democrats on the defense bill conference committee to get their colleagues to water down the strong sanctions language against Iran, which passed the Senate by a 100-0 vote as part of the fiscal 2012 defense authorization bill. The administration, threatening a veto, managed to delay the implementation of sanctions and penalties from 60 to 180 days in the final draft, also allowing the president to waive those penalties for national security reasons or if it would harm the global economy."
Don't get me wrong -- I take second place to no man in my contempt and disgust at the evil Iranian thugocracy and am hardly inclined to believe anything they say except believe them when they say they want to kill me. But if this is actually true, Obama should not just be impeached but in solitary confinement. And that's being generous.