Saturday, March 21, 2009

If You Can Keep It

Hi all. My name is Bob Gronlund and I'm going to help out Bill Flinn in trying to get this blog launched. I offered since I'm familiar with Blogger having run my own "personal notebook / work out my frustrations" spot over at "We The Free" since 2003 -- check it out for my bona fides.

Please contact me or Bill if you want to add your voice as a co-blogger. Or you can mail me ( bgronlund at gmail dot com ) with items that you think would be interesting to the group and I'll do my best to post them.

Due to other commitments, I was only able to stop in briefly at the Sportscaster on Friday -- but I look forward to meeting folks in person soon!

For starters, I have posted here the video Terry recommended on "The American Form Of Government". I hadn't seen this particular video -- I agree it's excellent -- but was very well aware of the differences between democracies and republics. In fact, if you can believe this, I have it on my list to go have a serious talk with my youngest son's Cub Scout den leader as he wouldn't accept Alex's answer that the U.S. is a republic and not a democracy for one of the den exercises (Alex having been coached by you know who ;)

How's that for a sad state of affairs? Never mind the average "citizen", even the Scouts have come un-moored! What do we say at every meeting? That's right:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all."
Here's a closing quote with high relevance to the country's situation and Glenn Beck's efforts that I recently ran across:
[Nobody] has ever successfully explained to me how people who are too stupid and helpless to take care of themselves are smart enough to elect individuals that will take care of them. Once you understand that contradiction, you understand how tyrannies come to [pass] around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment