Saturday, February 2, 2013

CPOTD: Waterboard Watch

Well, here's an interesting comment pair of the day (CPTOD) on a Power Line post on "Zero Dark Thirty":

Watching “Zero Dark Thirty” with the CIA | Power Line: Charlie Dempewolf · Mankato State University

I realize this has been said before, but it bears repeating. There are literally thousands of U.S. military troops who were waterboarded by their own government (I'm one of them). In my case, the waterboarding technique was one of those that was demonstrated in US Navy survival school called SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape). To be honest, I was also physically beaten, to the point that my undershirt and flight suit were a bloody mess (Bloody nose). Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining. Matter of fact, I consider that 5 day school to be one of the best that I ever experienced. I learned more about myself - my limitations and what I could endure - than any other thing I ever experienced. I was 18 years old at the time. Waterboarding is extremely unpleasant, to be sure - but I disagree with Senator McCain on this point -- it is NOT torture. If it is - as McCain asserts - then perhaps the VA should consider disability compensation for every one of us that went through that school. After all, weren't we "tortured" by our own government with a technique that we won't even use on our enemies?

Reply · · 2 hours ago

dean_w_schulze (signed in using yahoo)

The people who disagree most strongly with waterboarding (like Lawrence O'Donnell) don't care about waterboarding when it is done on our own people. In a forum on CNN one woman dismissed it because "they were volunteers". So "torture" becomes not torture when it is used on our own people.
Just like American citizens will become "volunteers" for commie lib "reeducation" camps if we give them enough power?
Say, now that we have the "skeet shooting" pic of the dear reader (man, the teleprompter that day must have been an unhappy camper unless it was wearing an "Iron Man" suit) perhaps next we'll hear his full-throated denunciation of Bill Ayers as being an unrepentant terrorist?

Yeah, don't hold your breath...

And I'm guessing that Marsha's clays contest ain't gonna happen either.  And she deserves the highest respect for this challenge since anyone with a brain knows she's actually risking her life even if he wasn't trying to hit her!

Unless she borrowed the "Iron Man" suit from the teleprompter...