Saturday, August 28, 2010

828


Power Line - Back at the Lincoln Memorial, 47 years on: "47 years to the day after participating in the great civil rights march on Washington, I returned to the same space for Glenn Beck's 'Restoring Honor' rally. In 1963, a crowd of roughly 200,000 filled the 'reflecting pool' area below the Lincoln Memorial. Today's crowd packed that area as well as adjacent areas on all three sides. In fact, the throng extended most of the way to the Washington Monument, where the 1963 march began. To me, it looked like there were at least three times as many people at this rally.

The crowd was extraordinarily courteous and polite. I saw virtually no signs except on the way the gathering. Once at the grounds of the rally, I saw only American flags, a few 'Don't Tread on Me' flags, and one Israeli flag."
I caught most of the last two thirds or so on CSPAN. This was impressively done right down to the music.

Too bad only a couple of dozen showed up. And how violent and ugly and hateful it got -- just like Pravda the mass media said it would.

And please donate to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment