Monday, June 22, 2009

No End To The Tyranny Of The Lukewarm Lunacy

UPDATE: Check out Ledeen today for the latest developments. Some slivers of hope in a very depressing situation.

Neda.
Not only is there no end to tyranny but there is no end to O Duce's stupid, self-righteous kow-towing to tyrants. Even the NYeT are not complete idiots like O Duce is on what's really going on:
Women were particular targets after President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad began to strictly enforce previously loosened restrictions. Thousands of women were arrested or intimidated because they did not adhere precisely to Islamic dress code on the streets.

Mir Hussein Moussavi, the leading opposition candidate, campaigned along with his wife, Zahra Rahnavard, and other prominent Iranian women rallied to his side as he promised to improve the status of women.

A woman called Hana posted a comment on Mr. Karroubi’s Web site: “I am alive but my sister was killed. She wanted the wind to blow into her hair; she wanted to be free; she wanted to hold her head high up and say: I am Iranian. My sister died because there is no life left; my sister died because there is no end to tyranny.”

Via Hitchens who is absolutely on fire today (go read it now, I'll wait), we now have Obama playing the role of the white moderate:

We should never forget that everything Adolf Hitler did in Germany was "legal" and everything the Hungarian freedom fighters did in Hungary was "illegal." It was "illegal" to aid and comfort a Jew in Hitler's Germany. Even so, I am sure that, had I lived in Germany at the time, I would have aided and comforted my Jewish brothers. If today I lived in a Communist country where certain principles dear to the Christian faith are suppressed, I would openly advocate disobeying that country's antireligious laws.

I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

What a sorry narcissistic disaster O Duce is. Wait for a more convenient season indeed.

O Duce: How can a regime possibly be legitimate that treats their own people -- most especially women -- like cattle, beats and shoots them mercilessly and then won't even let the dead be buried properly? I don't care if you're an athiest or whatever it is you are. You live on a lukewarm lake of LaLa land lunacy.

And in case you didn't read the NYeT piece, check this out about Neda:
She studied philosophy and took underground singing lessons — women are barred from singing publicly in Iran.
You read that right. Women are barred from singing publicly in Iran.

Yes of course. These mullahs are perfectly sane. Let's negotiate. By all means. Did you read Hitchens?

1 comment:

  1. A lukewarm lake of lalaland lunacy. That's good.

    Hard to pick which is better, in fact: yours or Christopher Hitchens's "Coexistence with a nuclearized, fascistic theocracy"

    Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete